We’re growing and looking for new teammates!
By: Javier Glatt
On: October 6, 2014
Position: Project Modeling Designer/Lead – Full time
Compensation: Base salary + performance bonus + employee share option plan
Who we are:
A Dassault Systemes value solution partner serving BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and California, CadMakers Inc. is a Vancouver, BC based startup launched in late 2013. Targeted at large scale construction projects, we provide world-class virtual construction products and services. We combine powerful aerospace engineering technology (CATIA) and methodologies with elite technical talent to provide actionable solutions to construction’s largest challenges, optimizing the project delivery process. This distinctive approach, combined with an emphasis on lean construction, enables our client’s to harness breakthrough innovations in virtual construction best practices fit for purpose based on the needs of each project.
We also allow for our client’s access to the 3DEXPERIENCE cloud based platform, the most powerful collaborative and integrated software solution on the market.
What’s the role?
Reporting directly to the Director of Projects, this is an exciting opportunity to be a critical member of the operations team within a dynamic and challenging growth stage company. The overall objective of the operations team is to manage and execute all daily tasks that are required to deliver the detailed scope of work within the projects. You will also be critical teaching our client’s how to navigate CATIA and the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. The Project Modeling Designer/Lead will be instrumental in making this happen.
Why work with us?
Here are a few reasons why we think working here is a good idea:
- Career growth – Start making an impact right away within a growth stage company with strong upside potential. Your skills will directly impact the trajectory of this company, allowing you to grow your career in a fast paced, exciting work environment.
- Creativity and innovation in entrepreneurial environment – Challenge the status quo! We want you to bring your ideas for automation and optimization of everything. We hold innovation / exploration days every second Friday for all employees to work on any project of their choice.
- Ownership of projects – We want great people that want to take ownership over projects, make decisions and deliver great work to our clients.
- Fun environment – Work hard and play hard. We are in business to build a great company and have fun. The city of Vancouver is a great city to live and work, from world-class mountain biking and skiing in the mountains to hitting the beach in the summer, there are many things keep you busy. Foosball skills are welcome as well.
As part of the operations team, the Project Modeling Designer/Lead will be primarily responsible for:
- Virtually constructing one central 3D parametric model using CATIA using 2D drawings of all building elements (i.e. architectural, civil, structural, mechanical & electrical).
- Manage revisions in the model that take place throughout the design and construction phases.
- Assist/lead coordination meetings in behalf of the client using CATIA model.
- Identifying, tracking and communicating requests for information (RFI’s) to the design team/owner.
- Compile data for constructability reports identifying project risks and opportunities for the application of lean construction methodologies (sequencing, prefabrication, etc.).
- Generation and coordination of prefabrication shop drawings.
- CATIA V5 and V6 training and client support
- Provide assistance/guidance to operations team for ad-hoc projects and software automation tools.
- Assist with identifying process improvement opportunities (i.e. applying manufacturing engineering methodologies to large-scale construction projects).
- Assist with internal continuous process improvement projects to help establish best in class systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with CATIA V5 or V6 is critical.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aeronautical at minimum.
- Experience working with Large Assembly, Publications, Powercopies, UDF and GSD required.
- Knowledge of the System Routing/DMU and DELMIA Modules highly desirable.
- Experience in the construction industry and ability to read construction documents highly desirable.
- Basic Knowledge of AutoCAD required, knowledge of Revit a plus.
- Knowledge of Enovia a plus.
- Strong Microsoft EXCEL skills desirable.
- Fluent in English.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Drive to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast growing company and grow with the company.
- Excellent team player with ability to work and manage projects independently as required.
How to Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Javier@cadmakers.com as part of your application or apply on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/24250671
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.